Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Jewellery Design course...

I recently completed a jewellery design course with the lovely ladies at Irish Design Shop, and I have to say I have a new found respect for these metal working geniuses. I really didn't know what I wanted to do and they were very patient! After two days of sawing, filing, soldering and relentless sanding, I came away with three pieces. Two rings and a brooch. I really enjoyed the time I spent there, and can't believe that I did so much in just two days. Well worth it!

Their blog for the courses can be found here.

Dome ring - I made the ring, the domed a piece if silver, soldered them together and spray painted the dome.



Square ring - I made the ring, soldered on a rectangle piece of silver, cut out the inside circle. Repeated for other side, soldered on the sides and filled it with resin.





Piglet Brooch - sawed the piglet out of copper, soldered on the pin and spray painted him.



No comments: