Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Where to begin...

I have been really keeping myself busy these last few months. I work Mon-Wed as a Graphic Designer, then the rest of the week I am in the studio. I have a few projects on the go at the minute, from music videos to theatre productions to sewing.

I attended a great conference a couple of weeks ago - Craft in the Classroom, with the Craft Council of Ireland. So I am applying for one of their residencies to teach crafts in Primary schools. I hope I get it! It was a great day, really informative and we got to mess around with all sorts of stuff, from fabric to clay.

Another thing that is keeping my fidgety fingers is sewing. I am really trying to nail this discipline and you can see some of my projects below. I have been filling them with lavendar, so they smell nice and hope to sell them at markets and online.

The studio is doing great, we are really going to try and get people to come in and take a look over the next few weeks. So I'll keep you posted on that.

I've also been learning to drive, I know I am thirty years old and can't drive! It's been going great, have applied for my test, so should get the letter about that any day now.


Dresses to put in your knicker or sock drawer, filled with lavendar to keep everything smelling nice and fresh!



1 comment:

Ciara Brehony said...

Hi Simone! Followed you here from Homebug. I love what you are doing! So nice to see some Irish crafty blogs for a change.
Looking forward to popping in again!